Ten Favorite Things This Week

1. We found this little (teeny weeny) place in the Barrio of KC (down by the bottoms) called El Pollo Rey. Seriously OMG good roasted chicken. I think it seated 12 people and served Mexican soda and perfect avocados.

2. This little town outside of KC called Piper. I don't think we saw the town but I love the landscape about as much as any I've gotten to visit. AND, it smelled of wild sweet honeysuckle. Everywhere.

3. The weather has been beyond awesome. It rained like hell all day and night, like, Monday/Tuesday - and since then it's been perfectly cool with a nice breeze.
4. Kansas people: This guy up the road who walks his little pocket-dog on a leash from his motorized wheelchair in the middle of the road in front of the shop twice a day.

5. Home-made dinners. Mary made a little sumptin sumptin with beans, meat, tortillas and Velveeta cheese that kept me alive for two days.
6. Organic breakfast cereals from The Merc.http://communitymercantile.com/  - This week it's something with flax and pumpkin.

7. The way my boss whistles in the dark. My dad whistled a lot and I think it makes you about 18% happier than you would be had you not been whistling.

8. New media: Social networking sites that are being used in conjunction with traditional media for marketing businesses, bands and artists.
9. Hard work. I love to work hard and bustin' a sweat. We unloaded about 10,000 pounds of Cumaru yesterday by hand and it suited me just fine.

10. Blisters. Gnarley, sore and tore-up hands and a brain that has run out of words. Both evidence of a life well lived.
Y'know, IF you drop in here, you COULD leave me your favorite Top Ten list of the week. I'm just sayin'...

Comments

Popular Posts