Expectations

I accidentally grew a bunch of expectations recently and have been reminded why I spent so long ridding myself of them.
They truly are nothing but premeditated resentments.
I know better than to expect you to give your best with no agenda.
I know that there really is almost nobody left in the world who treats people how they'd want to be treated.
And, I am thankful that I remembered this in time to not be shattered into a million small pieces over it.
I can guarantee that it won't happen again.
And, thank you for helping me catch this before it became terminal.
Again.

Comments

  1. Sometimes it seems like it would be better if we could just control everyone but then I think... good grief! I can't even control my own attitude and actions some days. So doing the same for others would just be far too much work. And then it's good to just do what you can as the one person you are and remember that good things will come, just maybe not today. Love you mom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts